New to nursing? Or ready for a career change? Here are 5 quick tips for identifying the nursing niche that is right for you.
5 Quick Tips for Identifying a Nursing Niche
1. Experience a lot of areas in nursing (as a student but also as a nurse - grab the learning opportunities as they come!)
2. Don’t fear change - embrace new opportunities - it's normal to feel uncomfortable, but remember that change is often necessary for growth!
3. Identify what your niche is NOT
4. Ask others (instructor, family, classmates, friends)
5. Recognize what excites you. What do you read in your free time? What topics do you enjoy researching? Do you dread XYZ or look forward to it?
Want more insight? Join the Purpose-Driven Nurses Facebook community for access to the 5-Day challenge on Identifying a Nursing Niche. This challenge includes video interviews with nurses in non-traditional specialties!
Categories: Tips for Nurses